Join Carmen Adams, RYT-500, for a workshop that brings together two styles of yoga for the perfect balance of energy, flexibility, and strength.
Yin and Yang are Taoist concepts that describe the two relative qualities present in everything. Yin is more internal, passive, cooling, and downward. Yang is more external, dynamic, warming, and upward.
The Yin Yoga practice is slower, with poses passively held for longer periods that work on the deep, dense (Yin) connective tissues and joints. Yang Yoga, in contrast, is a more active practice that works on the (Yang) muscles and blood flow, building strength, stamina, and flexibility. Yang styles of yoga are those with rhythm and repetition, like Vinyasa Flow.
This workshop begins with Yin to calm the mind and work joints before warming the muscles, and finish with Yang.
Benefits of a regular Yin Yang Yoga practice:
– Stimulates the meridians (energy channels), bringing balance to the organs in the body
– Improves flexibility and joint mobility
– Calms and balances the mind and body
– Reduces stress and anxiety
– Works deep on the connective tissues (fascia, tendons, and ligaments)
– Can prepare the practitioner for meditation practice
– Strengthens and tones the body
– Improves flexibility and circulation
– Increases stamina
– Calms the mind down by inviting us to synchronize movement with breath
– Removes tension and obstacles in the body, allowing the breath and prana to flow
Instructor: Carmen Adams, RYT 500
Equipment: Mats and props provided